Effective date 1.12.2015
Cookies are small files, typically of letters and numbers, placed on your computer or device by a web server when you access certain websites. Cookies are stored in your computer’s hard drive when you browse our websites. They are essential for providing you with a seamless experience.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our websites, then you may either:
- Adjust your browser settings to not accept cookies and delete any cookies already placed by this website; or
- Delete any cookies already placed on your hard drive by this website and do not use this website again.
- Allow you to navigate seamlessly and move from page to page without signing in again. In that case the cookie stores your authentication in an encrypted manner.
- Store your preferences. We for instance store choices you have made, preference information you have provided or products of interest for you so that you won’t not need to enter the same information on your later visits on our websites. We may also store information such as your location or items that you placed in your shopping basket.
- Select and display targeted advertisement and recommendations. When we display online advertisements on our products we can avoid showing you the same ads multiple times and thus only show ads and banners that may be of interest to you. In this case we collect for instance information on the type of pages and content you visited or viewed from your computer or device.
- Promote our products in Fiskars Finland websites or in selected third party websites. The cookies used to promote our products in our websites or selected third party websites are usually third party vendor managed advertising cookies.
- Collect site analytics and improve our websites and services. We analyze how well our promotions and advertisement campaigns are received by our consumers, what were the references that lead our consumers to visit our websites and how we can best personalize the content of our websites. Cookies help us for instance to collect information about the number of visitors, the way our websites are used and how our websites operate and perform.
How to control and block cookies: you can modify your settings in your browser (usually under the “tools” or “options” menu) to block cookies or you can accept cookies and later delete them from your computer if your browser allows you to do so. If you have a more recent browser (for instance Internet Explorer 9) it may also have tracking protection features which enable you to add a list of sites to be blocked from sending content and cookies to your computer or device. You can find instructions for deleting cookies in the different browsers available on the market at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using some parts of our websites.
How to opt out from third party managed advertising cookies and from behaviorally targeted advertising: You may be able to opt out from certain third party managed advertising cookies directly in these third party websites. You may also be able to enable cookies in your browser settings but opt out from receiving behaviorally targeted advertising.
For more guidance on your opt-out options, please consult the following opt out and consumer choice related pages of the following initiatives developed by companies in the online advertising industry:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Your Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.com
Fiskars Finland may use web beacons (also called “pixel tags”) in connection with its web pages. Web beacons are electronic images placed on a website that typically help us access certain cookies on the website, enable us to count visitors on our websites and improve our services. Web beacons also collect information about visits from your IP-address.
How to control and turn off web beacons: in order to turn off web beacons you need to turn off cookies as indicated above. Note that after turning off cookies the web beacon will no longer be able to collect information on your specific activity but will still continue to track visits from your IP-address.
Our Fiskars Finland websites may use so called “flash cookies”, i.e. Flash Local Shared Objects to store data on your computer or device. These flash cookies are used in particular when our websites use Adobe Flash technologies and are used for similar purposes as browser cookies. You can manage and block flash cookies by going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
How to contact us