Frequently asked questions
Here’s a list of frequently asked questions. If you still can’t find an answer to your question, our customer service is happy to help!
For product related questions (e.g. care instructions), please see our Product FAQ.
For items that have recently been discontinued from production, see our list of Discontinued items.
- Shipping and Deliveries
- Returns and Refunds
- Customer service
- Gift-wrapping service
How do I place an order?
- Click the shopping cart icon on the product category page or the "add to cart" button on the product details page to add the product to your cart.
- If you want to change or remove products, click on the shopping cart icon on the upper right hand corner to view your shopping cart.
- Click ‘Go to checkout'. You can order as an existing Myittala member, register for Myiittala or as a guest without registering.
- Enter your shipping and billing details. Then choose your preferred payment method and delivery mode.
- Click ‘Go to payment’ to complete your order with our secured payment.
- Once your payment is complete, you’ll see a summary of your order and we’ll email you an order confirmation.
How can I redeem a promotional code?
Just add your promo code inside the promo code field on the shopping cart page. Please note that codes are case sensitive. Please check your promotion for specific restrictions.
Can I order by phone?
We’re unable to accept phone orders but we’re happy to assist you in placing an online order. Kindly contact our Customer Service.
Can I cancel my order?
We have an automated system that prepares your products for shipping as soon as payment has been authorized. However, if you do need to cancel your order, please contact Customer Service. Kindly have your order number ready (located in the order receipt and confirmation emails). If you are unable to cancel your order, there’s a 14 day return period. For more information about returns, please go to “Can I return products that I ordered?” section.
Can I change the shipping or billing address after placing an order?
Shipping or billing address corrections can be made with our Customer Service.
Can I remove products after placing an order?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to add or remove products once an order has gone through. Please contact Customer Service to make changes to your order. Also, our return policy allows you 14 days to return a product.
Are there any extra costs (taxes, duties, customes etc) I have to pay in addition to the prices shown on your website?
For shipments outside of the European Union (not applicable for UK):
After choosing the country of delivery on the cart page, you’ll see your final prices. For deliveries to Switzerland, Finnish VAT (24%) will be subtracted from the prices. Packages are shipped as Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) which means the recipient is responsible for payment of all applicable duties, taxes and other fees. Please contact your local customs office for more information.
For United Kingdom the packages are shipped as Delivery Duty Paid (DDP).
What if the price changes after I have ordered?
We’re always updating our products and prices. Therefore, even if the price changes, you will still be charged the amount that was valid when you placed your order.
Where can I find information about corporate responsibility?
You can read about Fiskars Finland corporate responsibility here.
Which payment options are available?
We accept following payment methods:
- American Express
- Klarna pay later (Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, UK, Belgium, Austria only)
- Klarna pay over time (UK, Austria, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Germany only)
- Mobilepay (Denmark only)
- Dankort (Denmark only)
Accepted payment methods will be suggested to you based your billing country.
Where can I use my gift card?
You can use gift card in one of our Iittala stores or outlets. Unfortunately, gift cards are not valid at the Iittala web store at this time.
Why won’t my payment go through?
If your payment is unsuccessful, please check the following:
- Did you enter your card and billing details correctly?
- Did you enter a complete and valid delivery and billing address? Kindly note, we can’t deliver to a PO Box.
- Did you enter the correct card type, card number, issue number, expiry date, valid from/to date, and CVV security code (the three-digit number on the back of your card)?
If the problem persists, please contact your bank.
How do I know my details are safe?
When you place an order, we process it using a secure server which encrypts your information before it's transmitted.
We comply with data protection and privacy laws and take measures to make sure that all the information you give us, including your credit or debit card details, remain private and secure.
We process your payment and registration information confidentially.
We follow strict security procedures when storing and using your information to prevent unauthorised access.
We work together with Adyen for secure and fast payment procedures. All the information you provide is encrypted using the SSL protocol and can’t be detected, intercepted or used by third parties. Our system doesn’t store any credit card data you provide to purchase our products. Adyen processes transactions for online shops worldwide and has a PCI level 1 certification.
3. Shipping and Deliveries
How long will my delivery take and what does it cost?
You can choose your preferred delivery method from the following options:
Normal delivery time is 5-9 business days (for Estonia 2-3 business days and for UK 6-9 business days). You'll get an email notification from us when your order is ready to be shipped. This notification includes a tracking code you can use to follow up on your delivery. For undeliverable packages, UPS will leave a note and you can pick up your delivery from a UPS Access Point near you. You can also select a preferable UPS Access Point during checkout, then order will be delivered directly there (UK area excluded).
Flat rate delivery charge of 9.90 € or £ 9.90 for Standard delivery whatever the weight, size or value of the package.
UPS Express Saver
You'll receive your express delivery shipment within 2-3 business days. You'll get an email notification from us when your order is ready to be shipped. This notification includes a tracking code you can use to follow up on your delivery. For undeliverable packages, UPS will leave a note and you can pick up your delivery from a UPS Access Point near you. You can also select a preferable UPS Access Point during checkout, then order will be delivered directly there.
Flat rate delivery charge of 30 € for express delivery with no weight or size limits.
Please note that deliveries to remote locations can take 1-2 days longer. If there is no UPS Access Point near you or UPS is unable to leave you a note, please contact UPS to agree a new delivery time.
DPD/Postnord Home delivery:
Normal delivery time is 3-5 business days (for Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria and Greece 5-8 business days). You'll get an email notification from us when your order is ready to be shipped. This notification includes a tracking code you can use to follow up on your delivery. You will receive another notification from DPD/Postnord via email and SMS. You can also choose the delivery method (time and date) using the Postnord mobile application, link in the e-mail or by SMS. For undeliverable packages, DPD/Postnord will send a note and you can pick up your delivery from a Pick-up Point near you.
DPD/Postnord Pickup points:
You can also select a preferable Pickp-up Point during checkout, then order will be delivered directly there. Return pickups from home are free of charge only in the countries, where no pick-up points are available.
I didn’t receive all the products I ordered, what should I do?
Please note that the products you’ve ordered may be shipped in several deliveries. If a product is out of stock, we’ll ship it as soon as it becomes available again.
Where do you deliver?
We deliver to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Please select the correct country by using the globe icon on the right corner of the website. For Japan, South Korea and Australia, please visit the local webstores.
We are not able to deliver to the following: VAT-free areas, PO Box addresses, hotels, hostels or army barracks.
We do not deliver to the following territories, which do not apply EU Value Added Tax regime: In Germany, Büsingen und Helgoland, in the United Kingdom, Guernsey (e.g. Alderney and Sark, Jersey and Gibraltar), in Italy Livigno and Campione d’Italia, and in Spain the Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla. We do not deliver to Greenland, Faroe Islands or Svalbard.
How can I track the delivery of my order?
To find out where your delivery is and when to expect it, find a tracking link in your shipment notification email.
What happens if I’m not there to receive my delivery?
Home deliveries are made during business hours from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. For undeliverable packages, the carrier will leave a note and you can pick up your delivery from a Pickup-Point near you. UPS Access point will store your package for 10 days.
If there's no Access Point near you or UPS was unable to leave you a note, please contact UPS to arrange a new delivery time.
If your package cannot be delivered or it is not picked up from a pick-up point, it will be returned to us. As we can’t re-dispatch orders that have been returned to us as undeliverable or uncollected, we will consider your order cancelled (even in the absence of your formal cancellation) and we will issue you a full refund, including the delivery costs.
4. Returns and Refunds
Can I return products that I ordered?
For all items ordered from our webstore, you have a right of return and refund during a period of 14 days from the day you receive your order. All returned item must be in their original condition.
If you wish to return items from your order, please follow the simple steps below. In case you have received a wrong, damaged or faulty item, please contact our customer service at email@example.com for further instructions.
1. Pack the item(s) carefully in the original packaging
2. Fill out the return slip below and enclose it with your return
3. Stick the return label on the package. If you’ve lost your original return label, please reach out to our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Drop off the package at any DPD/PostNord or UPS Pickup-point location near you. You can find the the locations at postnord.com ups.com.
5. In case no DPD/Postnord pickup points are available, please contact our customer service at email@example.com to book a pickup from home (free of charge only, if no pickup points exist).
6. We will handle your refund within fourteen (14) days after we have received the items.
How long will my refund take?
As soon as we've received the product(s) back and validated the return, we'll process your refund. We'll email you when we've refunded your payment to your credit/debit card. You should receive your refund within fourteen (14) days after we receive the items.
What if the products received are damaged or incorrect?
We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact our Customer Service and they will assist you. Indicate your name, order number and products concerned. Attach an image of damaged products if possible. You can find the order number in the order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails we’ve sent you.
What are the benefits of registering?
- Get the hotline for news and member benefits.
- Get access to all your personal information through My Account.
- Get rewarded twice a year based on your purchases during the last six months.
- Track the progress of your orders to find out when they are sent.
- Complete the checkout process faster since we already know you.
- Your My Account also securely stores your details, including your delivery address, so you only have to enter it once. This also helps us with any queries you may have. (Please note: We do not store credit card information.)
- Personal details and preferences can be changed anytime when you sign in.
What if I forgot my password?
You can order a new password here. Enter the email address you used for registering as a Myiittala member and click "Send email". We'll email you a link from which you can reset your password. If you can't see our email in your inbox, please check your spam filter.
How do I sign in to Myittala?
You can sign in anytime with the email address that you used to register for Myiittala as your user name. If you’re signing into My Account for the first time, you can find instructions on how to create your personal password here. If you can't see our email in your inbox, please check your spam filter. To prevent misuse of your My Account, please keep your password safe and secure.
How can I change my Myiittala member information?
You can change your personal information in the My Account pages on our website. Sign in by clicking the account icon on the upper right hand corner then go to your personal information page.
How do I check my purchase history?
If you are a Myiittala member you can see your purchase history under My Account and My Purchases. Just sign in with your Myiittala credentials and go to your My Account page by clicking the account icon on the top right corner. Under My Purchases you can track your online orders and see your purchase history for the last 12 months.
How do I accrue my Myiittala membership benefits with purchases made in Iittala stores or the Iittala web store?
As a Myiittala member, every purchase you make counts towards your six-month purchase total, which is the basis for Myiittala vouchers issued in February and August. The first accrual period of the year runs from January to June and the second from July to December. The purchases you make within these six (6) months count towards the value of the voucher as follows:
- Purchases of at least EUR 150 in six months – voucher value: EUR 10
- Purchases of at least EUR 250 in six months – voucher value: EUR 20
- Purchases of at least EUR 500 in six months – voucher value: EUR 50
- Purchases of EUR 1,000 or more in six months – voucher value: EUR 100
Vouchers issued in February are valid until the end of June, and vouchers issued in August are valid until the end of December.
How do I use Myiittala vouchers?
You can use Myiittala vouchers to pay for online purchases as well as purchases made in our own Iittala stores and outlets in Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.
The value of any valid voucher is tagged onto your membership data: when you use a voucher in one of our stores, please inform the checkout assistant that you are a Myiittala member and provide a valid i.d.
The voucher can also be used to pay online: www.iittala.com (delivery to selected European countries).
Using the web store, you can see the value of your voucher upon login. When you go to the checkout, you can choose whether you wish to use the voucher for the current purchase.
The voucher does not count towards the purchases that determine the value of your next voucher, and it cannot be redeemed in cash.
If a voucher is not used within its period of validity, the total value of accrued purchases will not be carried forward to the next period and the voucher will expire.
Reward vouchers cannot be combined with certain campaigns and promotions.
Vouchers are personalized and can only be used to pay for products. They are valid until the end of June or December, depending on the date of issue.
How do I use Myiittala vouchers online?
Once you’re logged into the web store, you can check the value of your voucher on the ‘My Account’ page and in your shopping cart. To apply your voucher to a purchase, go to the checkout and the open balance of your active reward voucher will be automatically deducted from the total sum of your order. (Vouchers can’t be applied towards shipping costs.)
The voucher is personalized and its value is connected to your membership data.
When you wish to use your voucher, sign in before making the purchase.
No change is returned when using a voucher; any remaining value is available for use for future purchases as long as the voucher is valid.
The voucher does not count towards the purchases that determine the value of your next voucher, and it cannot be redeemed in cash.
If the voucher is not used within the valid period, the total value of accrued purchases will not be carried forward to the next period and the voucher will expire. Vouchers can only be used to pay for products. Vouchers cannot be used to purchase gift cards or to pay for delivery or other services available on the web store.
6. Customer Service
7. Gift-wrapping service
What products are included in the gift-wrapping service?
The gift-wrapping service includes selected products at iittala.com with the exception of large and difficult-to-pack items. You can find a list of Excluded products at the end of this page.
How much does the service cost?
The gift-wrapping service costs £4,90 per product and can be added to selected product(s) in the shopping cart. Please note that the number of items wrapped in one gift wrap may vary. See examples below:
- If you order one or more pieces of the same item, we will wrap all of them in one gift wrap*. For example, if you order four pieces of Kastehelmi plates 315mm with one order, they all will be packed and delivered in one gift-wrap.
- *Please note that some orders with large quantities may be packed in multiple gift-wraps. For example, if you order ten pieces of Aalto vase 270mm copper we may pack them in multiple gift wraps due to sizing issues. We won't charge an extra fee for this.
- For different products, the gift-wrapping service can only be selected separately for each product in your shopping cart. As products will be gift-wrapped separately the price of the service will be £4,90 per product. For example, if you order a one piece of Nappula candleholder and a one piece of Aalto vase (and you choose a gift-wrapping service for both), we will pack them in two different gift packages. In this example, the price of the gift-wrapping service is £9,80 (2x £4,90).
- In case you want to have two of the same products gift-wrapped separately, you will need to place two separate orders. The gift-wrapping service must be added at checkout for both products and orders. In this example, you will be charged for two gift wrap service fees, £9,80 (2x £4,90).
Will I get a refund of the gift-wrapping service if I return the product(s)?
Yes, the price of the service will be refunded in full.
- All steel
- Hard Face
- Norden steel