Terms on Permission to Use Content
Effective Date: 25/4/2023
Iittala is one of the beloved brands of Fiskars Group. We are delighted you have posted Iittala-related Content on social media! Fiskars Group companies (“we” or “us”) would love to use this Content and share it for inspiration to others on our and our partners’ social media channels, websites, newsletters and online and offline marketing materials.
We will only use your Content if you give us the permission to do so by accepting these terms. You accept these terms and provide us permission to use your Content by replying to us on social media with the hashtag #yesiittala. Please reply to the comment/message we have sent to you. Your reply should only include the hashtag #yesiittala.
If you don’t agree to these terms, no reply or other further action is required. In this case, we will not use your Content as described in these terms.
“Content” refers to all of the text, photographs, images, graphics, audio and video recordings and other similar information that is posted by you on the internet and/or social media relating to our brand(s) and which we are requesting to use.
Permission to use Content
Giving us permission to use your Content is completely optional. If you give your permission as described above, you:
- grant us without separate compensation, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable and permanent license to use, copy, distribute, modify, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, commercialize and reproduce the Content in any form, either through our own services or services provided by third parties, throughout the world in any medium existing now or developed later, without restriction, limitation or notification to you, for marketing, communications and other commercial purposes;
- agree that your Content may be used by us either alone or in conjunction with other content such as videos and photographs. Further, you waive any claims to royalties with regards to your Content or our finished work;
- grant us the right to use and publish your social media account name along with the Content. We will take commercially reasonable efforts to publish your name in relation your Content and provide a link back to your social media account, but you also agree that your permission to use the Content is not contingent upon any such credit being given;
- warrant that you are 18 years of age or older;
- warrant that you have created the Content or if the Content has been created by a third party, you have received from said third party all necessary rights to provide us the permission to use the Content in accordance with these terms;
- warrant that the Content does not infringe any law, is not in breach of the rights of third parties (including copyrights and other intellectual property rights and privacy of other persons), does not harm the good name or personal integrity of others, does not divulge any trade secrets, as well as that the Content is not, in any other way or form, contrary to these terms; and
- warrant that any persons appearing in the Content have given their permission for the use of Content in accordance with these terms.
You acknowledge that we may, but are not obligated to, use and publish the Content at any time, at our sole discretion and no compensation will be given to you.
Unless otherwise required by applicable mandatory law, we are not liable for any damages that may be caused to you or any third party for use of the Content in accordance with these terms.
If you have accepted these terms and later want to request us to stop using the Content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will endeavor to stop further use of the Content but this will not affect any prior use of the Content (meaning that Content will not be removed from prior publications or in relation to other prior use cases).
Processing of personal data
When you give us permission to use your Content by accepting these terms you enter into agreement with us. Therefore, we need to document your social media account name and your acceptance of the terms as a proof that the agreement has been entered into. We process this data and the Content based on the contract between you and us.
Unless otherwise required by applicable mandatory law, these terms shall be governed by the laws of Finland exclusive its choice-of-law rules and principles.